Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Be surprised!

Could you believe it if somebody told you that your diet is contributing to global warming?

Surprinsingly enough, it is. Researches have determined that the livestock sector produces more greenhouse gasses than transport and it also spoils the soil and water.

Nowadays, most of us are trying to save energy, to use less pollutant products, and some of us are even choosing bicycles over cars. There seems to be a real concern about how our behaviour affects the planet, but when it comes to do something really significant most of us just look the other way.

Choosing a vegetarian diet not only shows respect for animals, but also for the planet, for us as human beings and the future of all human race.

Before reading the article on Vegan Outreach I had no idea that my diet could directly affect the future of the planet, and I must confess that it is a scary idea for me. I try not to produce much garbage, I have planted trees and I take good care of my garden, where I prepare my own soil. I do not buy bottled water, or any kind of beverages for that matter, because every bottle that we empty is a new piece of rubbish for the planet. I do not eat at McDonald's or any kind of fast-food chains, and I keep encouraging my three-year old daughter to turn the lights off when she leaves a room, and to tell her classmates to throw their garbage in the proper places. Now I know that all these things are not enough and that I have a huge desicion to make, for all of us.

You can read the whole article here: http://www.veganoutreach.org/globalwarming.html

Posted by Lis.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool website!..
I totally agree on takin'care all kinds of animals..they do not deserve to be treated like "trash". They are living creatures that need a room in our life.

Anonymous said...

that's all a f*****g lie!!
global warming is caused because the sun is overheating and its explosions are increasing

Anonymous said...

Ok, I don't know if you read this well but lisset wrote:
"Researches have determined that the livestock sector produces more greenhouse gasses than transport and it also spoils the soil and water."

Firt of all, it says researches...that means there was a research envolved...so she is not lying.

And other thing, in case you don't know, greenhouse gasses PRODUCE global warming!!

If you don't know about something please don't give ur opinion ok?

Administrator said...

I have to state that I have no intention to lie. This is a matter that really bothers me, otherwise I wouldn't have written about it.

Yes, I've quoted an article where researches were envolved. And you must be very naïve if you truly believe that humans have not taken part in the global warming process. If you want to overlook your responsability that is your choice, but I do think that there are things we can do here and now to make this process less dramatic.

Lisette.

Cha said...

ok, obviuosly the human race it's be included in all global succes. The things some company have to do to bring us the material or things, or food it's because we need it.
So, if we need this or that, they'll going to give us. So that it depends the things we can say now, or do. And the sun is overheating because they (or us) think about time, like a child in his candy, they want more things, and try to pass over the time, because have brain, and they're not stop thinking about the next generation, neither in the global process. Maybe I can help to the world to not buy bottles, or put it in a bottle bank, but that it's so insignicant, I mean the help that we can give is poor, as the hurts we do, even unknowning.